Nov 1, 2007

Still Alive and Kicking

I know it's been a while, but I'm back. One of my last posts was about the sugar test I was going to take to see if I had gestational diabetes. Well, I took my glucose test and passed with flying colors. I was all nervous about the drink and it wasn't all that bad. I was so glad I took it before going to visit my gram in Pittsburgh and my parents in Houston...let's just say there were a lot of sweets around! When gram offers you something, you can't say no!!

Tessa is doing great! It's been awesome to feel her moving around so much lately. I just wonder what it is that I'm feeling...a kick? A punch? She's been quite the little acrobat! I think we have an Olympic Gold Medalist...look out Kerri Scruggs! Her nursery is coming together wonderfully. While I was at Gram's, Jim and his mom painted our master bath and Tessa's room. Both rooms couldn't look any better if we would've had professionals come in. I am so grateful for the work they put into this! Take a look...the walls are pale pink and the stripes on the wall coordinate with the stripes in her bedding. The stripes are only on one wall . Yes, they did the polka dots! What a team!
We ordered her furniture this week and honestly, I'm excited about putting it together! I know this brings out the best in some and I'm anxious to see how it goes!! As you can see everything is coming along which is comforting to me!! It helps me to calm down and not get so overwhelmed with all we have to do. We have 2 full months left (assuming she doesn't come early) and that's it! I feel like this whole pregnancy has gone so slow, but so fast. That may not make sense, but it probably does for other parents out there. Hopefully it won't be another month before I blog!

No comments: