Nov 5, 2007

Boo Hoo-ing

My parents came to visit me and Jim and were here for over a week. It was so nice to have them here for such an extended visit. Most of the time when they're there, it's for a weekend or a long weekend, so this was great! They were able to see me with a big belly, feel Tessa moving and of course play double 12 dominos! It's a must when we're together. Jim loves playing with us...he usually wins!! :)

When they left on Sunday, I was a mess! I cried while telling them goodbye and cried more when they left. It never fails...I always cry when they leave. They are just so fun to have around. I wish we were able to see each other more often, but being in Houston makes it tough. I think the older I get the more emotional I get. They will always be my parents, but now more than ever they are my friends. I love and cherish the moments we spend together.

1 comment:

The Lamberts said...

I'm sure you were sad when they left today, but there's nothing like the feeling of loneliness and helplessness when they leave for the first time after you've brought your new baby home. Of course, hormones don't help any. Believe me, you better stock up on Kleenex now. It won't be pretty (I'm speaking from experience), but it just shows how much you love them! It's funny how "mom" takes on a new meaning when you become one, too.