Jan 24, 2008

Going Home

We came home from the hospital on Monday afternoon. Of course Tessa was all bundled up because it was a bit chilly outside. She looked so cute!! The ride home was scary, but not as scary as I thought. I think Jim was wanting to know what she was doing, so I just made sure to re-direct his focus to the road. 10 and 2, Jim. 10 and 2!

I think I was more nervous about just being home from the hospital and having to do things and make decisions on our own. At the hospital, it was comforting to know I could just press the little button and someone would be there to help me. I knew it would be totally different at home.

The first night was rough, but the past couple have gone really well. We're up every 2 to 3 hours to feed her then she goes back down and that's about it. I do feel like I need to sleep when she sleeps, which I have not been doing thus far. I know that will help me feel much more rested during the day.

It's so hard to believe that Jim and I are parents!! Part of me thinks this is just a temporary thing and I'll have to give her back sometime soon! She is such a sweet little blessing and has already brought much joy to our family. A friend of mine asked me what my favorite part of all this was so far and I didn't have to think too long before I said just looking at her - her hands and feet, arms and legs, her little chubby cheeks. She is just so fun to watch. I look forward to getting to know her more as she grows!

Here we are at the hospital on Monday getting ready for our journey home to Thompson's Station!!

No comments: