May 13, 2008

My 1st Mom's Day

I survived my first Mother's Day!! Surprisingly, I was very emotional. We had breakfast with Jim's mom (yummy) and it had me missing my family...wish we could've been together. After that we ran some errands and ended up at Costo. I think Tessa was overwhelmed with all the excitement because she fell asleep with her mouth open and tongue on the roof of her mouth. Everyone in Costo made such a big deal over her and how cute she looked. On our way out, a woman with her 3 girls looked me in the eye and said in the sweetest way, Happy Mother's Day. It took all I had not to ball right in front of her!! About 15 seconds later...I was mush! I couldn't help but cry. How funny is that?? We enjoyed our nice, relaxing day. I just wasn't prepared for how special mother's day would be for me from now on.

Jim and Tessa got me some beautiful roses, a box of chocolates, and one more item that will be arriving soon. I'm not sure what that is, but I'll find out soon enough! :) Oh, and Tessa is so close to rolling over! She's good about getting to her side, but can't quite make it to her belly yet. Hopefully, when it happens, we'll get it on video to share with you.

Here are some pictures from our special day. I love this little girl!






No comments: